Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Scented Chameleon

For the past few days I have been wearing I-C-U. One of the yet to be released oil parfums in the Acousticjus line. It is heavy on cigarette ash, tobacco notes black leather and a touch of sweat and earthiness. I love this sort of scent. It is my favorite kind next to stealthy green monsters.
When I woke up this a.m. I could still smell a faint whisper of the Tobacco note, Castoreum and Kephalis. The leathery notes, first phases of natural tobacco, the Choyas, Birch Tar and other natural elements had faded, but not entirely gone. There is something quite appealing to a mix like this, where heavy handed naturals, when paired with the slightest dilution of a synthetic aroma molecule (s), are able to hold their own, and bind together in a way that neither can achieve as a singular unit. The thinking (and practice) in mainstream perfuming is the total opposite. Naturals are not used so much as composing units, or for the unique and interesting things they bring to the table,  but rather as a fine tuning agent to shore up harsh synthetic compositions, round off the sharp edges or infuse a feeling of fullness, as with floral absolutes, natural woods, resins and balsams. It is much more rewarding (my opinion) to start with the natural palette.
But anyway, I have been wearing this sexy leathery parfum, and I feel a bit like bleaching my hair to a whitish platinum and buying a new pair of doc martins. My old docs have a busted sole, and my hair is.... Well I am over the hair thing. Back in March I cut my hair very short with the intention of letting it grow out. I wanted to see just how much gray hair I really have. Now that it has grown, and I have trimmed off all of the color on the tips, I am not so impressed, and at the same time am not sure which direction I want to go with color. My natural color is dark ash brown and I am not at all fond of colors with a red tinge. I have gone the red route before and It doesn't really work well with my skin color. So what to do. Blonde requires much more maintenance. Am I ready to be in the salon every three or four weeks getting a touch up. I don't know. I doubt it. And at the same time I do like the freedom of not having to do anything.  So I guess I could just get the new Docs, and wear a heavy layering of the leather parfum and call it a day. Whatever, I am sure something will come to me sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment