Thursday, June 10, 2010

Living Well

I had a long talk the other night with an old friend. It was the same day that I received an invitation to an Art Exhibit from my once Art Dealer Suzanna Terrill. Suzanna closed her Cincinnati Gallery around 2002-3, and moved to a small town in Tennessee near Knoxville. I have been longing to drive down there to visit her, and even with the temptation of this exhibit, I am unable to get away. For years she worked as an art dealer, for others and then for herself. She is also an exceptional painter, and is now able to devote her time to painting. I have a little painting of hers, a work on paper that she created years ago at a painters retreat in Maine. I have several small works by other artists, and cherish each of them. All for different reasons.

I have wonderful memories of many beautiful people who have touched my life. Most if not all, artists, working in one media or another. I think about how these interactions have impacted my own life and work, and must say that it has all been a blessing.

After deleting my perfume blog a few months back, I have had several emails from readers urging me to start writing again. I thought that writing through our Facebook Fan Page would make up the difference, but find that very few of my original readers have Facebook pages, so it has been somewhat of a bust in that respect. During that time, a lot has happened. We closed our Morrow Boutique and relocated to downtown Cincinnati. The new space is called Scentual Artistry. We have a perfume (scent) bar, all of the perfumes/brands of Liz Zorn Perfumes, essential oils, bath and body products, gourmet organic teas, and the thing that I have been dreaming of for years, an exhibition area for scent installations. Yes you read that right. Scent Art. We have had two installations so far, the current being "The Spice Road" featuring natural spice notes. After this installation goes down next week, I will take some time off for the summer. Our next exhibition will be at the end of August, it will be called "Ambrosia" an installation featuring sensual erotic essences from around the world. Also natural materials. It is not set in stone that all installations will be of natural materials, I do plan to devote an installation to molecules in the future, but am planning something much larger than what we currently have space for.

Right now I am still getting adjusted to being in the city, and juggling it with the time it takes to fill orders from our online store, supply other retailers with our perfumes and work on new things.

I will use this blog space to jot down my experience, thoughts and meanderings on all things arty in my life, as well as the lives of others who are doing amazing things.

Speaking of such, my friend Suzanna's opening is June 12,Townsend Artisan Gallery, Townsend TN

No comments:

Post a Comment