Saturday, June 12, 2010

Soivohle, Week In Review

It's raining, and my plan to have my tea by the pool this morning was a bust. My favorite thing about summer is my morning meditation and being able to sit by the pool while engaged in the so called process of enlightenment, getting in touch with the now, etc. etc. etc...
This past week was a busy one as we are getting ready to launch three new scents in our Studio Collection. I had expected to have our new snap closure boxes this week, but received an email Friday telling me that they had not come in yet, so it's up in the air.  We receive so many compliments on those snap boxes that I went ahead and ordered them in two new sizes, and will continue to use them for the Natural Collection, as well as the new Vignettes (oil parfums) coming out later this year. I thought long and hard about the bottles for the oil parfums and instead of sourcing something new, decided to go with the tapered HeinzGlas bottle that we use for our Natural Parfums. It is such a striking bottle, and the perfect size for an parfum. I plan to use this bottle for all parfums in the future.
Scentual Artistry - Wow what can I say, our new studio/boutique in the city is just lovely, and the first two scent installations were very well received. I have been invited to create a scent installation for an arts event next summer, and am very excited to be putting this new art form on the map. I have thought about applying for a grant, which would give us national exposure for scent art if we could get the funding and take it on the road. I have a couple of friends who are Arts Administrators, and can help with the grant process, which is a bear. Filling out tax forms is child's play in comparison. Otherwise we are doing well in all areas and have several new customers. The teaching question still comes up a lot, and as I have said in the past I am not a teacher, at least not in any organized way. I see people all the time and am always sharing information about perfumery. I have thought about creating a series of perfume making kits with instruction, but have not found the time to devote to it. I do however have several of my accords ready to launch as a series, and will be adding these soon.


Soivohle in the news: The launch of our Lilacs & Heliotrope and Lilacs & Roses was a huge success. There have been two reviews of the L&H, one by Abigail of I Smell Therefore I Am and One by Patty at Perfume Posse. If there are any more I am not aware of them. I love big beautiful floral notes and find that Lilacs are perfect for peddling my tendencies to excess. At the same time I have been secretly (no secret anymore) working on a Lilac version of the Violets & Rainwater formula. A lot depends on the hyacinth note that I am adding to the mix, but all looks promising and smells divine.
New online retailer: For those who like one stop shopping, many of our Soivohle perfumes are now available at Rei Rien They also have a sample program and ship internationally. Speaking of samples, we are going to revert back to the small tube vials for most of our samples (online) and reserve the use of the screw top minis for the small Coffret that holds 16 of the tiny bottles. We will also be adding a 5ml pocket spray to the Studio Collection, and offering a slight price break on all of the 5ml sprays. With the purchase of a new 5ml bottle at a savings over the one we were using we can pass on this savings to our customers. Look to see this price change in the near future.
That's about it for now, everyone have a safe and fulfilling weekend. ZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment