Thursday, November 4, 2010

Olfactory Burn Out

The last two days I have been shuffling from order fulfillment to making bath products for Scentual Artistry. I do wish the nose had more staying power when working with essential oils. After the making of bath salts last night, I can smell nothing today. I knew going in it would be a rough ride, As I have a love hate relationship with Lavender. It makes me sneeze, and ties my sinuses in a knot. But this is a very popular scent for gifting, so for the past years, ten or so, I have made up Lavender Salts, and various other bath thingies. I also made Lemon Eucalyptus Salts ( love this), Rosemary Mint and today will make a Tangerine & Cedar along with a Honey Ginger. I have a formula for these so I don't need my nose. The only non natural blend that I make is Lily of The Valley. This scent is so popular here that it is uncanny. Just last week I sold out of Daybreak Violin at SA.  I still don't have the accords available downtown, but when I do finally get around to offering them I bet the LOV accord will be the first to go.
I wish there were an easier way to do this without being down to the wire. I don't like to make bath salts ahead and have them sitting around, I want people to experience them at the peak of freshness, as I do when I use them at home. Nothing worse than getting a jar of scented bath salts from a store, where it has been sitting around forever. So I make them in smaller batches. It also makes a big difference in the scent. Naturals will lose their potency a lot faster than synthetics. Yet synthetics will turn quicker.  Either way, fresh is best, so I am doing it now. Good thing I will not need my nose for a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. New web site looks great! The accords selection is amazing.

    ReplyDelete