Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Soivohle Studio & Accords

With all the talk about the new look for Soivohle, I have not mentioned the Studio Collection. Not much will change here. We will continue to offer the Studio Collection with the same packaging, with an emphasis on our retail partners who carry these scents. We will continue to offer them online for awhile, but may at a future date move them from the Soivohle Brand to simply Liz Zorn Studio.
These scents are all about the studio anyway. Primarily influenced by customers and custom scents. The latest ideas coming form customers are for Amber's, Musk, Vanilla (more vanilla)  Ocean (clean, linen, fresh air, rain) Tea and Bamboo scents.
To my nose Transcendental Musk is a very clean scent, but it doesn't have a very pronounced ocean/aquatic note. At our studio in the city, TM is very popular with men.
Women tend to like their clean scents with a citrus opening and vanilla musk base. This is based on what people choose from our accords blending station. Vanille OTR is a clean scent as well, clean green vanilla. I am not sure which direction I will go in for the next installment to the Studio Collection. Maybe a White Tea and Bamboo, or an incense laden Amber.  I will be adding (finally) a selection of my own accords to the Soivohle website when we do the update in a few weeks. These will be available in the 10ml spray, and can be layered to create custom scents. They are fairly complex accords and bases, (aside from a few single note blends) which takes the guess work out of layering, or blending them. This is how I usually wear scent. I dab on a layer or two from my accords and create a custom scent for the day. I can have a custom scent for each day of the year, and when I get all of the accords uploaded to the website so can everyone else. I may also offer them as a blending kit later on with a few more single notes. All diluted to the correct strength for blending, taking the guess work out of the process for people who just want to do it for fun, without the hassle of worrying about usage guidelines etc.
I am about 1/4 through the process of updating the website. Taking photos of the new bottles, and replacing all of the other imagery. I got six or seven pages finished today, and need to take more photos. The new pouches for our absolutes will be here tomorrow, so I can finish up the photos. Will be glad to finally put the light box away and check photos off my list.
If I can stay focused, keeping up with orders and appointments to the city, I should have everything ready to go by the end of the month. We are also changing things downtown, so I am pacing myself and trying not to let it get to me.

2 comments:

  1. wow, you are busy! So many new and exciting things happening with Soivohle. The accords sound like lots of fun.

    Also, I see your blog had a new look. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always busy. Yes the accords. finally...
    I needed a little perk me up so I redid the blog. I adore hummingbirds. A nice thing to be looking at as our landscape here in Ohio turns to shades of gray.

    ReplyDelete