Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ezra's Poem

I do not believe in coincidence, luck,... and find superstition to be life's lazy way out. Life is a complete web of tangled thoughts, emotions, energies, connected at a core of possibility.  To be fully engaged is the key to living. Being aware of things as they unfold.
Having a little reserve space set aside in the mind, so that time and ego don't bunch it all together and crowd out the important aspects of minute to minute reality. It's easy to get lost and run ahead of the game, thinking about tomorrow instead of today. I do it more than I would like to admit, and my perpetual beginners mind is forever resetting the pace to now.
The last thing I did last night was to open my notebook to the page containing the formula for Ezra's Poem. The little parfum I created for the Memory & Desire, Perfume in a Poem project. So what do I have when I get up this a.m. but an email inquiring about it. Whatever forces are at work to bring this to a bubble are of endless fascination to me. More so than connecting the dots, I am blown away by how constant and accurate the Universe is with it's intention. No stone goes unturned.
So to whatever little blip got this ball rolling again, I say Thank You!
As you readers know I am making some changes in our Soivohle Brand. Big changes. One of which includes Ezra's Poem. From time to time I get a request for it, and have in the past offered it in small supply. Now I will be adding it to the permanent collection. I have gone over the formula, which is uber heavy in base notes, and switched out some of the materials to include my very best things. It will not change in structure, but should be nicer to the touch, as better quality materials have a way of shining through.
When I was first approached to participate in the project I felt an immediate connection. It was as if I had passed through this same time space portal before. Everything felt very familiar to me, and in a way it was. Ezra's Poem was a perfume that I was very familiar with. Many of my early perfumes were earthy and nostalgic.
And again here, I am feeling an uncomfortable scratchy rub with the word perfume. It seems so inadequate a word for the depth of emotion and soulful connection brought about by the smelling of fragrant oils. This Art Liquide. That borders on the magical, but is not. Is firmly real and tangible here , in this very moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment