Thursday, September 2, 2010

Honeysuckle Bird

Today I am batching from the original formula of Honeysuckle Bird. A scent that was first created as a brides scent, and one that has always been close to my heart.
It is feminine with an ethereal quality, even in the concentrated original. Last year I was contacted by three different women who were planning to wear it on their own wedding day. Sometimes these stories are so heartfelt, they bring me to tears. Happy tears of course. The kind of thing that keeps me moving forward.
As I evaluate our new line up for Soivohle, going through stacks of notebooks, I am revisiting the parfum versions of several scents. These are my favorites, and my favorite form to work with.  Some of the original sheets of paper are yellowed from age, and even more, the parfums have only been worn by me, or given by me as a personal gift. When we do the update in a few weeks, we will keep most of the naturals in parfum, and will be adding a few mixed blends in the concentrate, including Honeysuckle Bird, Bottleneck Blues, the new NightJar, Anniebelles Rose (which is an oil) and a few others.
We will also be keeping things like Green Oakmoss, Vanillaville, Moroccan Orange, Violets & Rainwater, Lilacs & Heliotrope, etc... in the lesser concentration spray.
It feels good to be heading into cooler weather with a clear head. LZ

No comments:

Post a Comment