Monday, September 27, 2010

Soivohle Art Liquide, Spray Essence

Paper, Assembly Line or Hand. The new labels for the Demi-Absolute bottles are my hand written signature. I had at one point signed the box, and then the extrait lg bottles. Now every bottle in the collection is signed. The thought of doing another stick on label was not an option, and although I had almost sealed the deal to have the bottles screen printed with the Soivohle logo, the thought of having them run through the factory again was not so appealing. At least not for this collection, this work. I may still have the Studio Collection bottles printed. I am so over stick on labels.
Anyone who has ever seen my cat scratch signature will recognize it on the bottle. Being a bit bolder than when I was younger, as I signed my paintings on the back side of the canvas. Mainly due to the thick texture of the painting, but also because I went through a period when I wanted the art to shine 100% without any distractions. With painting there is no question as to what it is. With essence, as I mentioned in the earlier post and posts, artistry is not usually the first thing that comes to mind. Hopefully that will change. I am intent on making it so.Not only with Soivohle, but through presenting Scent Art Installations and workshops. Next Installation will be In November at our Scentual Artistry Studio/Boutique in Cincinnati. If you look at the image of our studio in the sidebar here, the table in the forefront with the down turned glass globes is a scent art installation. When you turn the globes up the essence is inside. It is a spin on the Monclin concept, originally intended for smelling perfume.

2 comments:

  1. Liz, I love what you're doing -- reminding the viewer/consumer at every turn of the art behind what you're doing. Painting your signature on the bottle is brilliant in this respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Nathan,
    It all makes sense to me. And I know many do appreciate the effort.

    ReplyDelete