Saturday, September 4, 2010

Journeyman

Today is the day. I will be taking on the task of creating a new Journeyman parfum. The original was one of those in the moment ephemeral compositions, that was build on feel, not precise measuring. The original was set into an infusion of Indian Agarwood Oil. It also contained one of my amber bases and a lot of different things in small measure, that when combined amounted to a warm leather accord. The new one will have all of those elements, but upgraded a bit. The agarwood will be from my Laotian stash, and the amber and leather notes will  be rebuilt from scratch.
I know a few folks will be happy to hear this. I get a lot of emails asking about Journeyman. And finally, it is time to put the pieces together in a permanent formula.
Sleeping under an open window, with a chilly breeze blowing in last night has regenerated me. I love this time of year. That first cool wind of autumn reminds me of that mystical wind in the movie Chocolat, symbolizing a time for change and moving on.  And it is, indeed like a magical gypsy swirl that spins me around and points me in the perfect direction.
I will be glad when they get that clone thing worked out, I would love to be able to paint all day as well. Fiercely stabbing at a canvas, slinging paint and channeling the energies of found metal, or heading up river with my guitar. To do it all at once,now that would be the thing.
But anyway, before I let this thing get away from me, I am going to go sling some scent. Sling it with authority into the bottom of a wide mouth beaker. LZ

No comments:

Post a Comment